Information Automatically Collected and Stored
As many other companies do, Surgistar measures the performance of our website in order to improve and customize it in favor of our visitors. During your visit, we may automatically collect and store the following types of information about your computer and your visit:
- The domain and host from which you access the Internet;
- The Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to the Surgistar website, if applicable;
- The date and time you arrived at our website and how long you spent on the website and which pages you visited;
- Your Internet protocol (IP) address; and
- Your computer’s operating system and browser software.
Surgistar’s website may deposit certain bits of information called “cookies” in a visitor’s computer. Generally, a cookie assigns a unique number to the visitor that has no meaning outside the assigning site. Cookies can tell us how and when pages in a website are visited and by how many people. This technology does not collect an individual visitor’s identifying information; rather, the information collected is in an aggregate, non-identifiable form. The purpose of this technology and the information it provides is to help us improve our website, products and services. Most web browsers allow the user to deny or accept the cookie feature. We may entrust third parties with the above-described information on our behalf.
Personal Information You Choose to Provide
Personally Identifiable Information (“Personal Information”) is information that can be used to identify or contact you, such as your name, title, address, telephone number, email address or similar information. With respect to this website, Surgistar will only collect, store or use Personal Information, when it is voluntarily submitted to us, such as when (1) registering to access portions of this website or to purchase one or more of our products through this website, (2) contacting us via this website (by clicking on the “Contact Us” link), (3) requesting information about distributors in your area, or (4) submitting a question or comment or reporting a complaint related to one of our products. You may elect to limit the use of Personal Information about you by opting to do so through mechanisms that may be provided at the time that you enter that information. To “opt-out” of any consent previously granted for a specific purpose concerning your Personal Information, send an e-mail to Surgistar at CustomerService@surgistar.com.
- To unaffiliated third parties that are under contract to perform services for or on behalf of Surgistar (“Service Providers”) (e.g., vendors maintaining our computer databases);
- To the acquiring party in the event of a sale, merger, liquidation or sale or transfer of the business to which such information relates;
- To other persons as permitted or required by applicable law or regulation; and
- To law enforcement personnel and other agencies, or as part of a legal process, in order to protect our property or in furtherance of an investigation regarding a breach of rules and policies governing this website, unauthorized access to or use of this website or any other illegal activities.
- Any access to such Personal Information will be limited to the purpose for which such information was provided to our affiliate or Service Provider.
Surgistar takes seriously the security of the information we collect and will take reasonable measures intended to reduce the risk of accidental destruction or loss, or the unauthorized disclosure or access to, such information, reasonably appropriate to the nature of the data concerned.
Our website is not generally intended for use by children under the age of 13, and Surgistar does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children in this age group. If we become aware that a user under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information, we will expunge any such Personal Information from our records.
Contact, Questions, Comments, Complaints